"For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes." - Dag Hammarskjold

Sunday, December 29, 2013

celebrating lives greatly full :: looking back...

A project is a temporary endeavor designed to produce a unique product, service or result with a defined beginning and end (usually time-constrained), undertaken to meet unique goals and objectives, typically to bring about beneficial change or added value.

With this "project management 101" definition in mind, and with the permissions and parametres I set for myself at the beginning of *the gratitude project: dare to be grateful*, I have decided it is time to bring the project to a close.  I will be sharing my reflections on this social engagement experiment over the next few days, as I begin to wrap things up here.  This is not the end of gratitude in my life - I don't think that is even possible! - but rather a turning-of-the-page towards a new creative focus.  More on this in a future post... 

Today, I want to honour and thank the 39 people who accepted the invitation to share their gratitude as part of the "celebrating lives greatly full" series.  Time and time again, as I received their submissions, I was humbled and moved by their honesty and their daring to be grateful.

I savoured their words. I was moved to tears. I rejoiced when they told me how valuable the exercise had been for them.  The ripples of gratitude spreading in so many directions!  And so, in alphabetical order (by last name), here they are... the storytellers, the lifeblood of *the gratitude project: dare to be grateful*.  Truly, a celebration of lives greatly full!  (My heart may be exploding with love & gratitude right now. Just sayin'.)

  1. Anonymous (postcards)
Each and every one of these people have touched my life.  And now they have touched yours.

We are beyond rich.

gratefully yours,
jag

No comments:

Post a Comment